Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Child's Prayer

  Tonight as I was putting Michael to bed, instead of helping him with his prayers like we normally do, I thought I wouldn't say anything but ask him to say the prayer.  He smiled real big, closed his eyes and folded his arms and started, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, thank you for my paper, for crayons, for my coloring book to look at. Thank you for my floor, for my clouds (painted on his ceiling), my cement mixer truck (a decal on his wall), for my car bed, for the cars over there (pointed to a car molding above his coat rack).  Thank you that I could go to nursery and color, thank you for my body (that's what there lesson was on today in nursery, that we have body's just like our Heavenly Father).  Thank you for my Daddy, my Mommy, my baby Jesse.  Thank you for my arm (says it while he lifts his arm up a little).  Thank you for my cars up here in my room, and my cars downstairs. Thank you for Oma and Opa, for Grandpa and Grandma.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
  In between what he would say there were a lot of "umms" but it was the cutest prayer!! I'm sad that Chris wasn't there to hear it (he was at a meeting) but I know he'll enjoy reading this. :)


2 comments:

Melynda said...

Awwwe!!! That is so sweet. <3 Thanks for sharing.

The Matlocks said...

That's so cute! Michael has such a sweet little spirit. He's always the first to volunteer to pray in nursery. So cute.

.